If you plan to undergo weight loss or bariatric surgery, you need to consider your options. It is important to consult your doctor about what type of procedures offer the most effective method for you to lose weight. Only by exploring the possible choices will you be able to make a decision that is right for you and your situation. When it comes to weight loss surgery, it is critical you know the differences, risks and success rate before you opt for one method over another.
Several possibilities exist when it comes to bariatric surgery. According to some professionals, five types of bariatric surgery exist. These are:
- Duodenal Switch: This restrictive operation is the most invasive. It reduces the stomach size, reroutes the intestines and takes out the gallbladder. As a result, you feel less hungry and feel full faster.
- Gastric Balloon: Between 1 and 3 inflated silicon balloons are placed in the stomach for a period of 6 months which reduces space for food.
- Gastric Bypass: By producing a pouch, the individual feels full quicker.
- Gastric Sleeve: The creation of a smaller stomach by removing a portion creates a smaller stomach and, therefore causes faster satiation.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: Making a band above the top of the stomach decreases food flow, therefore filling the individual up faster.
You must carefully weigh the advantages/disadvantages of each type of weight loss surgery.
Weight Loss Surgery
When it comes to losing weight, you do have options. When it becomes critical, and surgery is the only possible means of achieving a healthy weight and a life with less medical risks, it is crucial to make an informed decision. Talk to medical professionals you trust about what options are best for you and your situation. Do your research and discover the variables for each method before you decide on one type of weight loss surgery over another.
2 people like this post.